07 May 2009

She actually PLAYED...with a TOY...she hasn't done that in years...

Thanks to the people who emailed me to tell me they have been enjoying the dog posts and that they are praying and/or thinking of my SmeagolGirl. Quick update here from work...

Smeagol had her second lime-sulfur dip yesterday and it seemed to help a bit. After I picked her up I went to pet her and clumps of hair sloughed off in my hand so I got her brush and started brushing her and there was just no end. I could have brushed for half an hour and I don't think I would have diminished the amount of hair flying off of her. Literal fistfuls of hair covered the sidewalk all three times that I did it yesterday and I'm sure I could do the same thing today. She stood totally still while I did it though - I imagine it must have felt so good to get all that dead hair and smell and fungus off her all in one day.

Last night and today she has been a different dog, so energetic and playful and just happy. Unfortunately, tomorrow she goes to get spayed so I guess the energetic will be down the tubes for a while. I'm nervous about the operation but much more optimistic about her prospects after yesterday's successful procedure. Also, I discussed with the vet that the cost of some of these things was getting out of hand and he made some compromises with me to reduce costs so that shouldn't be as bad as I thought either.

I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow and wish her luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Geez - Waffles must have been beside himself w excitement getting to actually PLAY w Smeagol.

Best of luck today.
B.