25 May 2009

Current Top Pregnancy Symptoms: Numb hands, Sore neck and Severe Need to Nest

Yikes, I'm supposed to update at least once a week here, but holy moly there is so much to do and I'm still at the tail end of my cold or flu or whatever it is, we're only 4 1/2 weeks away and my pregnancy induced carpal tunnel makes typing really painful. I'm freaking out a little, I must admit.

Tomorrow (Tuesday) is our 36 week ultrasound and we are hoping and praying that the baby is not actually transverse as has been suspected. We also take Smeagol in for yet another lime-sulfur dip and have to go renew the tags on the cars and have other errands to do and then more baby prep to do when we get home and that's the way every day goes around here these days. We realize that there will be a whole different level of busy-ness after the baby is born but right now it's like there is this firm, scary deadline to get to and everything has to be in place before it arrives and that is kind of terrifying.

Things are progressing though, if slowly. Much baby prep is done already though, my immigration paperwork has been received at USDHS, Smeagol's spay is done and the to-do list is getting smaller...that's the good news.

Friday we get a baby shower too! Paul's work has decided to throw a shower for he and I and I'm very excited - although nervous because I haven't even met most of these people. I'm really touched though that they are doing this because they genuinely like my hubby and want the best for him, and hey, some cake and a few gifts will be appreciated too.

Hands numb...later.

1 comment:

Laz said...

That's terribly sweet, that they're throwing a shower for you guys :) I think you'll find that you get into a rather preternatural calm when the baby is born. I'm sure there will still be things that need accomplishing, but your focus will be so utterly occupied that other things may fall by the wayside in terms of percieved priority. I hope so, for your sake :) You need a little calm.